Help with reskinning assets that are part of the AP File(s)

If you're new to Rail Simulator, this is the place to start. Ask anything you like, no question to simple or stupid - we were all here once!

Moderator: Moderators

Help with reskinning assets that are part of the AP File(s)

Postby mrsouter on Sat May 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi guys, so I used to reskin engines before when they were just in a normal file structure like the JT Class 153, however I've recently got the great Matrix Trains P3-set which includes the inspection saloon, including a passenger view, it looks amazing! Now, what I thought would make it look ace is to reskin it into Western Cream and Choc as it only comes in BR Maroon and the LMS Maroon (I think its maroon at least) but once I go into the AP file it's not laid out like the older file structure.
For example inside the "Inspection Saloon" folder you've just got "BR_Numbers.dcsv, LMS_Numbers.dcsv and wiperFR_1.bin and inside the texture folder you've got a wide range of TGPCDX files which if I remember was the reskin able files but none for example that say they reference the BR Inspection saloon.

Has anyone reskinned from the AP file structure or Matrix Trains folders before and could help shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Duck.

Here's a shot of the inspection saloon for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

And this is what I'm hoping to accomplish at some point
This is sorta funny, Started it's life off as an LMS Inspection saloon, survived into BR Days only then to be painted into Choc and cream and spend its rest of its days as a Holiday carriage at Dawlish in the South West of England (GWR territory)
mrsouter
Getting the hang of things now

Re: Help with reskinning assets that are part of the AP File(s)

Postby deltic009 on Sat May 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Yeah, the reskins work exactly the same, they contain the folder structure within, so anything you want to alter or include needs to be extracted into the location that shows in the ap file.
Matthew Wilson, currently working on far too many things and always willing to help where I can.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mj_WILSON
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Postby mrsouter on Sat May 06, 2017 1:13 pm

deltic009 wrote:Yeah, the reskins work exactly the same, they contain the folder structure within, so anything you want to alter or include needs to be extracted into the location that shows in the ap file.

Thank you for that, just got to try and find it now haha, I'm guessing that since the P3-set4 Assets which contain around 4/5 different coaches all of the coach textures are in that 1 "Texture" folder?
mrsouter

Postby mrsouter on Sat May 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Just a little update, tried to do the whole reskinning got the RWTools done easily but couldn't find the inspection saloon texture file :/ so all that happens is it sees the new BR(W) Inspection saloon but loads up the default BR maroon, changed what I thought was the correct file as it was just BR Maroon with no doors or windows (No rear either) but nothing changed

Anyone who has got the MT LMS P3 set know of where the inspection saloons texture files are hiding?
mrsouter

Postby deltic009 on Sat May 06, 2017 8:21 pm

mrsouter wrote:Just a little update, tried to do the whole reskinning got the RWTools done easily but couldn't find the inspection saloon texture file :/ so all that happens is it sees the new BR(W) Inspection saloon but loads up the default BR maroon, changed what I thought was the correct file as it was just BR Maroon with no doors or windows (No rear either) but nothing changed

Anyone who has got the MT LMS P3 set know of where the inspection saloons texture files are hiding?

If you open the saloon Geo shape file it will tell you what files it is using in each of the material setup stages.
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Return to [RS] Help for Beginners