Keighley MRC 11/12 March

This forum is to discuss past and future road show events, find out where you can see us next and maybe even join in and help!

Moderator: Moderators

Keighley MRC 11/12 March

Postby RobertM on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Another favorite of me and Mikes, Keighleys annual MRC show, this time a new venue and some more exhibits including some live steam and a shuttle service from the venue to the K&WVR.

http://www.keighley-mrc.org.uk/

Also we welcome both John & Duncan Chaddock back to bolster the ranks.

Hope to see some new and regular faces.

Rob
Cheers, Robert :)
Fireman at the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Steam Railway.
Second Valve simulation - https://www.facebook.com/secondvalve?ref=hl
RobertM
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Keighley MRC 11/12 March

Postby scampispeedway on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi Robert, will be down as usual to see you all around lunch time and see what you have on display.

Cheers
Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Postby scampispeedway on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:28 am

Hi Robert and Mike, I enjoyed my visit yesterday and arrived back home around tea-time to see the toon army leaving after the football match.
The overall show was to me not as varied as in the past and so at £6.00 was not worth the money and effort of my coming down and so unfortunately
this event will be another one I will not bother doing next year.
Enjoy your next display at Bristol at the end of April and hope that you continue to promote Train-Simulator to people who even yesterday had never
seen this type of train modelling before.

Cheers
Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Postby RobertM on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Sorry to hear that Rob.

I thought this years event was much more varied as previous years. There were alot more layouts, traders and craft demonstrations than in previous years due to there being more space because of the new venue
RobertM
Very Active Forum Member

Postby scampispeedway on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi Robert, thanks for your reply and unfortunately at my age (70), I find that sometimes journeys take their toll on me and find I'm quite tired when I
get back home even with the car I drive which is a lovely Mitsubishi Lancer Sport-Back with it's power steering.
I do like going on these trips and meeting you all as it gets me out of the flat and have someone with similar interests to mine to talk too, never mind
I will see how I feel next year and could change my mind.

Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Postby chaddockdk on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Bob
Sorry to hear that you consider the show to be below power.

I have to follow Roberts lead, the show is in a new venue, very open and light with plenty of space to set the displays out. Not the cramped arrangement they had at Victoria Hall. I wish the Keighley Model Railway Club all the success for the future and support them going back there again (next year?). It was the first time and they learnt a lot about the what can work and what cannot.

As for people, it was busy both days and we had a lot of different visitors than the old establishment (i.e. railway interested). Families and Children were the main clientele, the hands on events for the children was their greatest asset, maybe not something the oldies see in a show like the young eyes do. The Dragon and the Fat Controller did Me!

I have to agree that there are many still out there that don't know about Train Siming or the potential that could be had with the game. Saying that, a model railway is possible a new form of interest also.

I wish Keighley Model Railway Club all the success and hope they hold the venue at this place again. But that is their decision, once they know the outcome of this exhibition. We have discussed with them some possible options on changing our approach and they will let us know if its viable.

As for Bristol, we have been invited back again to the Model Engineering Show in August (not April) and we will post something after Easter on the subject.

So watch this space.

Arry Haddock
part of the Chaddock Engineering group - trying to make things easy!
chaddockdk
Been on the forums for a while

Return to UKTSLive! Road Shows